Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-05 13:28:53 || Updated: 2020-05-05 13:28:53
The general holiday announced by the government has been extended till May 16 due to ongoing coronavirus epidemic. All educational institutions will remain closed at this time on the occasion of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr.
Secretary of the Ministry of Secondary and Higher Education Mahbub Hossain told that the government has extended ongoing general holidays till May 16. According to the syllabus, initially, we planned to keep the educational institutions closed till the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday. Now it will be implemented. All educational institutions will be closed till May 30, including Eid holidays.
He said the holiday could be extended further later considering the situation. However, for the time being, the students have to continue their educational activities at home till Eid-ul-Fitr.
Earlier, on March 16, the government decided to keep all the educational institutions closed from March 17 to 31, aiming to prevent the spread of deadly coronavirus. Later, the Education Ministry extended the time of the closure till April 9.
The government has also extended general holidays for the fifth time till May 16.
- Bangladesh receives over $1b WB financing to fight COVID-19
- BSEC issued guidelines on capital market transactions
- BSEC sent letter to keep it free from restrictions
- 96 more deaths from corona in Bagladesh
- Chittagong port is 100% operational despite strict restrictions
- Special flights arrange for expatriate workers
- EU wheat exports likely to decline
- BMBA seeks permission for official ID card as ‘Movement Pass’
- Countries pause use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Hajj Ministry announce Ramadan guidelines for Umrah and prayers
- Financial institutions defaulted loan is Tk 10 thousand crore
- China opens 5G signal station at world’s highest radar location near Tibet border
- First time determining the prices of cylinder gas in country
- Record 83 more deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Eastern Bank declares dividend
- Capital market will remain open even in lockdown
- Pubali Bank declares dividend
- Factory will close if the hygiene rules not follow in lockdown
- A Notice published for recruitment of 54 thousand teachers
- Stranded Suez container ship reported freed
- For renovation of public university halls Tk 50 crore allocated
- Minister of Education instructed students to leave the hall
- Tensions mount at JU, demo continues defying authorities’ order
- HSC results will publish on Saturday
- Classes to resume on a limited scale: Dipu Moni
- 3 amendment bills placed in JS to publish HSC results