Real Madrid launch £137m bid for Mbappe
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-25 14:12:29 || Updated: 2021-08-25 14:12:29
Real Madrid have made a £137m bid to sign Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe.
The French World Cup winner, 22, joined PSG in 2017 in a transfer worth £165.7m and his contract expires in June 2022.
Mbappe has scored 133 goals in 174 games for PSG and won three Ligue 1 titles and three French Cups.
Real Madrid, who have much publicised financial issues, have only signed defender David Alaba on a free transfer from Bayern Munich this summer.
However, high earners Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane have moved on, to PSG and Manchester United respectively, and Real evidently feel sufficiently confident about their finances to make an approach for one of the most highly-rated players in the world.
It is not known how the fee would be structured.
PSG, who have not yet responded to the bid, signed Argentina forward Lionel Messi earlier this month after he left Barcelona.
If Real are successful, it could trigger a number of deals before the transfer deadline.
It is known Cristiano Ronaldo’s future at Juventus is uncertain and PSG are thought to be interested in the Portuguese, which raises the intriguing possibility of a link-up with Messi, his rival for the world’s best player for well over a decade.
Manchester City are among the clubs to have been offered Ronaldo but are not thought to be interested in a deal.
Last week both Ronaldo and Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri denied the forward wanted to leave.
- WEF 2022: Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister calls for global dialogue, cooperation
- Qatar Investment Authority cannot exit Russian market, says official
- lyricist & journalist Tarik Abedin joined the online news portal dhakamail
- The street drama “Doppa Day” staged
- Islami Okkyajot demands cutting off diplomatic ties with China over Uyghur genocide
- Pak Parliament dismisses no-confidence motion against Khan
- OPEC+ ministerial committee recommends sticking to current oil output plan
- Bangladeshi Successful Entrepreneur Sakib Rafsan
- WB to provide US$120m for climate smart agriculture, deal
- Shakib, Taskin return for second Test against Pakistan
- Fardin signed Media Marketing Director of Muktijoddha Sangsad Krira Chakra
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Papon becomes BCB president for fourth time
- Messi kept quiet as PSG draw at Bruges
- Pakistan to tour Bangladesh in Nov
- Messi breaks Pele record as Argentina rout Bolivia, Brazil stroll
- Brazil-Argentina match halted over quarantine breach