Onion prices increased by Tk 3 per kg in Hili
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-07 10:01:45 || Updated: 2021-08-07 10:02:08
The prices of onion has gone up again in just three days at Hili land port in Dinajpur. The price has gone up to Tk 3 per kg in the wholesale market. Traders say lower imports have pushed up prices due to the supply crisis.
According to Hili land port sources, the import of Indore and Nasik varieties of onions has been going on through the port for some time now. However, in the past, the import was higher, but now it has decreased a bit, due to which the price of the spice product has gone up in the wholesale market.
Visiting the market, it is seen that the imported Indore variety of onion is being sold at Tk 28 per kg, which was also sold at Tk 25 three days ago. The Nasik onion is being sold at Tk 33 per kg, which was sold three days ago at Tk 31.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers