Uses of precious metal gold increasing in China
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-05 09:48:12 || Updated: 2021-08-05 09:49:26
China is currently the world’s top gold consumer. The country’s gold consumption fell below 20 percent due to the Corona epidemic. However, upward use of the precious metal has been noticed in the first half of this year.
According to a report by the China Gold Association (CGA), 820.98 tonnes of gold was used in China last year. Compared to 2019, the use of the metal in that year decreased by 18.13 percent or 181.08 tons. Despite the decline in gold consumption, China remains the top gold consumer for eight consecutive years in 2020.
In this regard, the CGA report further said that in 2020, besides gold, the use of all types of jewelry in China will also decrease. In that year, the amount of jewelery used in the country decreased to 490.58 tons, which is 27.45 percent less than the previous year. The use of the metal in the industrial sector decreased by 16.81 percent. However, sales of gold bars and coins increased by 9.21 percent.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers