Bank transaction time increased
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-05 11:14:47 || Updated: 2021-08-05 11:14:47
Bangladesh Bank has extended the time limit for limited bank transactions with the restrictions announced by the government. As before, transactions in the bank will continue till August 10 in accordance with the health rules. However, next Sunday (August 8), the central bank announced the closure of all activities of the bank, including transactions.
During this time the bank transaction will be from 10 am to 3 pm but other ancillary work of the bank will continue till 4:30 pm. The transaction was going on till 2:30 pm till Thursday but other ancillary work of the bank was going on till 4 pm.
A circular in this regard was issued on Thursday (August 5) by the Department of Offsite Supervision of Bangladesh Bank.
The circular, along with the chief executives of all scheduled banks operating in the country, said the bank would be closed on Sundays in addition to the weekly holidays on Fridays and Saturdays. Besides, on August 9 and 10, bank transactions will run from 10 am to 3 pm. The ancillary activities after the transaction will continue till 4:30 pm.
According to the directive, the bank will be able to keep the required number of branches open at its discretion, including the essential departments of the bank’s head office, with a limited number of manpower by strictly following the hygiene rules including wearing of masks.
- Beautiful China shows new chapter of ecological conservation
- A resilient Chinese economy supports the Chinese path to modernization
- China’s vision for building a community of shared future for mankind
- China’s comprehensive framework for law-based governance takes shape
- China’s answer to democracy: Promoting whole-process people’s democracy
- Gold prices raised by Tk 2333 per bhori
- Govt doesn’t waste a single paisa from reserve: PM
- Brilliant England thrash India to reach T20 World Cup final
- PM wants Bangladesh to advance further maintaining dignity
- Union Bank disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Rupali Bank disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Phoenix Insurance disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Republic Insurance disclose third Quarter earnings report
- WB to provide US$120m for climate smart agriculture, deal
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed