About 5 percent GDP growth slowed due to corona
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-08-05 16:10:44 || Updated: 2021-08-05 16:10:44
Bangladesh Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth has been reported by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS). According to the published report, the GDP growth in the fiscal year 2019-2020 has been 3.51 percent. However, the GDP growth in the last financial year was 8.15 percent. In the Corona crisis, growth has slowed to about 5 percent in just one year.
The contribution of the services and agriculture sectors to the gross domestic product (GDP) growth has been steadily declining for over a decade. Over the past decade, the contribution of the agricultural sector to GDP has declined by about 5 percent. And the contribution of the service sector has decreased by about 4 percent.
However, the contribution of the industrial sector to the GDP has increased by about 8 percent. However, this time the picture is different, the contribution of the agricultural sector has increased, the contribution of the services and industry has decreased.
A report released by BBS on Thursday (August 5) revealed such information.
In this context, Planning Minister MA Mannan said, “We have already published the growth report.” Together we have published the final growth report of 2019-2020 and the initial growth of the current financial year. Growth has slowed compared to the previous year. I think it’s nothing to hide. It is easy to take the right plan for the development of the country when the statistics come up with the right information.
According to a BBS report, GDP growth slowed to 3.51 percent in June-July 2019-2020. However, in the fiscal year 2018-19, the GDP growth was 8.15 percent. As a result, in the Corona crisis, growth has slowed to about 5 percent in just one year. In the 2016-17 financial year, the growth was 7.86 percent. In the first nine months of the current financial year, the GDP growth has been 5.47 percent.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers