50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-26 12:12:50 || Updated: 2021-07-26 12:12:50
In Khagrachhari district, the tourism industry, which has been flourishing for a long time, has come to a standstill. The most difficult time is being spent by the hotel and motel traders associated with tourism.
Khagrachhari Tourism Motel Unit Manager AKM Rafiqul Alam said they have lost at least Tk 50 crore in the last four months.
Every year after Eid, where there is a crowd of tourists, all kinds of tourist centers were closed due to lockdown in the last two Eids. As a result, the tourism-related people are constantly counting the amount of loss.
Khagrachhari’s Alutila Cave, Rishang Jharna, Zila Parishad Park and other tourist centers are crowded with thousands of tourists from different parts of the country, but now the tourist centers are deserted.
It is known that at least 20,000 people are involved in the tourism business. And there are about 1400 workers involved in transportation. Even if you suddenly change your profession, no one is able to earn that much. Many are living without getting a job. They are in trouble as the way of income is blocked. Meanwhile, many have lost their investment capital. They do not have the capacity to invest in any new sector.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers