Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-18 13:24:43 || Updated: 2021-07-18 13:25:48
Indian onion imports have increased ahead of the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha. Onions are coming to the country through Hili land port in Dinajpur. According to the port authorities, onions are being imported in 35-40 trucks a week.
It is learned that the import of onions is going on through land ports as the government of Bangladesh has allowed the import of onions and lifted the ban on onion export (IP) by the Government of India.
Harun Ur Rashid Harun, president of the Hili Land Port Importers Group, said on Sunday that onion imports at the port were going on at the same time. The amount of imports is fluctuating a bit. However, onion imports through the port have increased, port sources said.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather
- Cabinet Committee approved to import LNG from Switzerland