Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-18 09:51:25 || Updated: 2021-07-18 09:51:25
Cotton imports through Bhomra land port in Satkhira have increased. As the demand for the product has increased among the owners of textile mills and yarn mills in the country, there has been an upward trend in imports. Imports have increased 35 times in one year.
In this regard, the port officials said that in the fiscal year 2020-21, cotton worth Tk 750.65 crore has been imported through this port. Various cotton mills and traders of the country import these cotton through Bhomra port. The port officials also said that the import of the product has increased at least 35 times as compared to the 2019-20 financial year.
Akbar Ali, senior revenue officer at Bhomra customs station, said 42,377 tonnes of cotton was imported through the port from July to June of the just-concluded 2020-21 fiscal year. The commercial value of these imported cotton is Tk 750 crore 65 lakh. In the fiscal year 2019-20, 1,183 tonnes of cotton worth Tk 20.64 crore was imported through Bhomra land port.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather
- Cabinet Committee approved to import LNG from Switzerland