Italy interested to invest 200 million Euros in Bangladesh
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-07-11 13:53:42 || Updated: 2021-07-11 13:53:42
Italy has expressed interest in investing 200 million euros in the construction of rural infrastructure and communication systems, potable water supply and sewerage in Bangladesh.
Sunday (July 11) Local Government Minister. Italian Ambassador to Bangladesh Enrico Nunjita paid a courtesy call on Tajul Islam and expressed his interest.
The local government minister thanked the government for its interest in investing in these sectors, according to a press release from the local government department.
During the meeting, the Minister told the Ambassador that the government was working on a priority basis to implement Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s ‘My Village, My City’ vision to extend all the facilities of the city to the remote villages. He called on the Italian government to cooperate in this area.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather