Bangladesh to host ‘International Peace Conference’ in Nov: PM
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-30 10:31:21 || Updated: 2021-06-30 10:31:21
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today told the parliament that Bangladesh is set to host a two-day “International Peace Conference” from November 4, as part of the celebration of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
“The government has already given its nod to hold the “International Peace Conference” in Bangladesh,” she said while replying to a tabled question from treasury bench lawmaker Md Mozaffar Hossain of Jamalpur-5 constituency.
The Prime Minister added that the Foreign Ministry has been preparing to arrange the two-day event on November 4 and 5 next.
She said, “I believe the two-day conference will spread massively across the globe the outstanding contribution of Bangabandhu to establishing global peace and humanitarian welfare.”
To make the conference a success, Sheikh Hasina, also the Leader of the House, said that a 42-member convening committee was made Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury as its president and Chairperson of the National Advisory Committee on Autism, Saima Wazed as the convener.
A number of panel discussions will be held with the participation of the dignitaries who are working in different parts of the world for establishing peace and concerned public and private officials, educationists, journalists and intellectuals, she informed the House.
She said that Bangabandhu’s activities and ideology alongside his noble initiatives in establishing peace as the pioneer of “The World Peace and Humanity” will be discussed while a “Dhaka Peace Declaration” would be adopted in the conference.
The Prime Minister said that no specific decision is yet to be taken relating to giving “Bangabandhu Peace Award” in the conference as it is still under the consideration of the government.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports