Army would be on the ground in ‘severe lockdown’: Health Minister
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-27 10:35:03 || Updated: 2021-06-27 10:35:03
Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Malek said the army would be on the ground to carry out the lockdown announced by the government. He told reporters after concluding the annual performance agreement with various departments and agencies under the Ministry of Health at the Secretariat on Sunday (June 27).
The health minister said that the lockdown in front, there will be police, there will be BGB. Army members will also be present this time, so that the lockdown is properly observed and the upward transmission is prevented, so that the number of deaths can be greatly reduced.
“Hospitals are already occupied, which means patients have become paralyzed,” he said. So we have to take care of that. Hygiene rules must be followed.
Zahid Malek further said that if we cannot control Corona, then our capacity may go down. Workers who go abroad, the place will be disrupted, it will be difficult to get a visa, will not want to pay. So we have to save lives by aiming in all directions. If Corona cannot be controlled in the country, then the economy will also be severely damaged.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather