6 people killed in blast at Moghbazar: Fire Service
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-27 16:02:58 || Updated: 2021-06-27 16:02:58
At least six people have been killed in an explosion on the ground floor of a building opposite the Arang showroom adjacent to the capital’s Moghbazar wireless gate, the fire service said.
More than 50 people were injured and burnt in the same incident. The condition of 15 of them is critical. The injured have been admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical and various hospitals in the vicinity. Only 39 people have been taken to the emergency department of Dhaka Medical.
The incident took place in the wireless area of Maghbazar on Sunday (June 27) at 7.30 pm. However, no information was available on how the blast occurred.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports