5 million families will get cash assistance: Commerce Minister
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-27 14:47:14 || Updated: 2021-06-27 14:47:14
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi has said that cash assistance has been provided to 5 million families. He was speaking at the inaugural function of the district-upazila consumer representative conference-2021 and a seminar on strengthening consumer rights on Sunday (June 27). The seminar is organized online by the Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB).
The Commerce Minister said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is working day and night for the welfare of the people of the country. The present business-friendly government has taken all sorts of steps to ensure the supply of the country’s essential commodities, fair prices and adequate stocks. During the epidemic, it has stood by the traders by announcing incentive packages. Under the social security program, cash assistance has been provided to 5 million families in the country to alleviate the suffering of consumers.
Tipu Munshi said it is possible to ensure consumer rights by raising awareness. He said the government is working with utmost importance to establish consumer rights. The market campaign has already been intensified by setting up the National Department of Consumer Protection.
The Commerce Minister said Bangladesh Competition Commission has been formed to stop monopoly trade and ensure competition in trade and commerce. Safe food laws have been enacted to ensure safe food. Various activities are being conducted to make the consumer aware.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather