Garments Factory will be Lockdown Free: BGMEA
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-26 13:25:35 || Updated: 2021-06-26 13:25:35
The government plans to shut down everything except emergency services in a severe lockdown from June 28 to prevent the outbreak of corona in the country. However, BGMEA said that the garment factories made in the announced lockdown will be free from the lockdown.
They say that if the factory is open, the workers will work according to the hygiene rules.
This information has been given in a press release signed by the Secretary General of BGME Md. Faizur Rahman.
Asked about this, BGMEA President Farooq Hasan said, “We want to keep the factory open in the lockdown.” If the factory is open, the workers will be in discipline. Hygiene rules will be followed. So in the interest of the workers we want to keep the factory open.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather