Recommendation for a full 14-day nationwide shutdown
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-24 14:39:43 || Updated: 2021-06-24 14:41:07
The National Technical Advisory Committee on Covid-19 has recommended a 14-day nationwide shutdown to prevent coronavirus (Covid-19) infections.
This information was given in a press release sent to the media on Thursday (June 24) by the chairman of the National Technical Advisory Committee, Professor Muhammad Sahidullah.
The 38th meeting of the committee on Wednesday (June 23) decided to recommend a full shutdown across the country after discussing the overall aspects, the statement said.
At the meeting of the National Technical Committee, it was said that the detection and death of corona delta variant is spreading across the country. The bacterial transmission capacity of the Delta variant is comparatively much higher.
According to the statement, in the experience of neighboring India, it is not possible to stop the spread of Corona without strict measures. The National Technical Committee has also held discussions with top experts in India. In their view, in places where there has been a complete shutdown in India, the infection has been brought under control.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports