Bangladesh getting a loan of 940 million dollars to buy vaccines
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-23 10:16:05 || Updated: 2021-06-23 10:16:05
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 940 million loan for Bangladesh to buy the corona vaccine. The amount of this loan in Bangladeshi currency is Tk 7 thousand 945 crore.
The loan was approved on Wednesday (June 23). The ADB said in a press release. The notification has been published on the company’s website.
The ADB launched a 900 crore dollars Asia-Pacific Vaccine Access Facility last December to help developing countries purchase coronavirus vaccines. Under this, Bangladesh will get this money.
In a virtual discussion with the Department of Economic Relations (ERD) last April, the ADB gave preliminary consent to the loan. This is the biggest help for Bangladesh as a loan to buy coronavirus vaccine.
The government sent a letter to the ADB last November asking for 500 million dollars to buy a coronavirus vaccine. However, based on the discussion, Bangladesh is getting more than that.
It is said that with the loan money, Bangladesh will be able to buy approximately 4 crore 47 lakh doses of coronavirus vaccine. By 2024, more than two crore people will be vaccinated.
With this loan, Bangladesh will be able to buy the vaccine through the international platform Covid Ticker Covax or the UN agency UNICEF or under a bilateral agreement directly with the manufacturer.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather