Bangla Bond to take financial sector on step further: F Rahman
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-15 10:58:11 || Updated: 2021-06-15 10:58:11
Salman F Rahman, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Private Industry and Investment, said the country’s first investment bond would take the country’s investment situation one step further. The first blended finance structured bonds and internationally guaranteed domestic bonds have opened a new horizon.
He was speaking as the virtual chief guest at the first International Guaranteed Bond Issue in the country by Pran Agro on Monday (June 14th).
Also present on the occasion were British High Commissioner Robert Chatterson Dixon, Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) Chairman Sirajul Islam, Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) Chairman Professor Shibli Rubaiyat-ul Islam and Bangladesh Bank Deputy Governor Ahmed Jamal.
Speaking on the occasion, Salman F Rahman said, “This is the first time that Bangla Bond is happier for two reasons.” One of them is that no company in the agricultural sector has achieved such great success. Another is that new horizons of different investments have been opened.
“Another success has been added to our basket on the occasion of the country’s 50th anniversary,” he said. In this way we will take the country to the next destination. In that case, big corporate companies like Pran have been helping and will continue to do so in the future.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather