Light to moderate rain likely
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-14 10:39:30 || Updated: 2021-06-14 10:39:30
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) today predicted that light to moderate rain or thunder showers is likely to occur at many places across the country in 24 hours as of 9 am tomorrow, reports BSS.
“Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at many places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions with moderately heavy to heavy falls at isolated places over the country,” said a met office bulletin today.
Day temperature may fall slightly and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country, it said.
Country’s maximum temperature on Sunday was recorded 36.7 degrees Celsius at Sylhet and the lowest one today 25.0 degrees Celsius at Hatiya in Chattogram.
The highest rainfall for the last twenty-four hours till 6am today was recorded 38 millimeters (mm) at Hatiya.
The sun sets at 6-47 pm today and rises at 5-11 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports