Deadline for border closure with India extended again
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-13 15:42:55 || Updated: 2021-06-13 15:42:55
The government has extended the land border with India by one more point due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) infection. This time has been extended for another 18 days. As a result, the land border with India will remain closed till June 30.
Foreign Secretary Masud bin Momen told reporters at the Foreign Ministry on Sunday (June 13th).
On April 26, Bangladesh closed all land borders with the country for 14 days due to the Indian nature of the corona. However, among the Bangladeshis stranded in the country whose visas are valid for 15 days or less; They were given the opportunity to return home on the condition of 14 days compulsory quarantine.
In this case, after closing the land border of Bangladesh with India in the first phase, Bangladeshis got the opportunity to enter the country through Benapole, Akhaura and Burimari land ports. Later, however, the government allowed Bangladeshi nationals to return from India through Darshana, Hili and Sonamukhi ports.
On May 21, the travel ban on land border with India was extended by eight days to May 31. Before the expiration of the term, another round of border closures was announced from May 30 to June 14. One day before the expiration of that period, the deadline for passenger movement through the land border with India was extended by another point till June 30.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather