Coast Guard rescued 164 Bangladeshis in Mediterranean sea
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-13 10:39:09 || Updated: 2021-06-13 10:39:09
439 migrants from Europe have been rescued from the Mediterranean Sea. Among those rescued are 164 Bangladeshis. The Libyan Coast Guard rescued them on Thursday night. The Bangladesh embassy in Libya confirmed the information on Sunday.
According to a report by the Libya Observer, the country’s coast guard carried out two separate rescue operations last Thursday. 439 immigrants were rescued in this operation. They are citizens of different countries in Africa and Asia. They were trying to get to Europe by sea.
A spokesman for the Libyan navy’s chief of staff said two of their rescue ships had taken part in the operation. Libyan authorities say the migrants were trying to reach the coast of Europe in a rubber dinghy.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports