Chinese vaccine reached in Dhaka
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-13 14:37:30 || Updated: 2021-06-13 14:37:30
Six lakh vaccines made by Sinofarma sent from China have reached Dhaka. The vaccine arrived in Dhaka by two Air Force planes after 5pm on Sunday (June 13), a foreign ministry source said.
The vaccine was then taken to the Bangladesh Air Force base in Kurmitola. These vaccines will be preserved until they are officially handed over to the Government of Bangladesh.
Earlier, two C-130J planes left for Dhaka at 10 am with vaccines. Earlier, two Air Force C-130J transport planes went to China on Saturday night to get vaccinated.
On May 12, China sent five lakh gift vaccines made by Sinofarm to Bangladesh. At the end of 9 days, China announced to give vaccine to Bangladesh in the second phase.
Foreign Minister on May 21. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yer had a phone conversation with AK Abdul Momen. During that phone conversation, the Chinese Foreign Minister said that he would give six lakh vaccines to Bangladesh in the second phase.
A statement from the Chinese embassy later said that China was keeping an eye on the corona infection in Bangladesh. China is concerned about the shortage of supplies in Bangladesh in view of the huge demand for vaccines on an emergency basis. As a result, the announcement of the gift of vaccine in the second phase is a sign of China’s friendship with Bangladesh.
Earlier, on April 29, the Department of Drug Administration gave urgent approval to the Chinese vaccine Sinovac after Russia.
Earlier on Saturday (June 12), two planes were sent to China for vaccination.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports