Air Chief adorned with Air Marshal rank badge
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-13 12:40:53 || Updated: 2021-06-13 12:40:53
Chief of Air Staff Shaikh Abdul Hannan was adorned with the new rank badge of Air Marshal in the presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at Ganabhaban here this morning.
Quarter Master General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed and Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Operations) Rear Admiral M Abu Ashraf adorned the Air Chief with the rank badge of Air Marshal.
PM’s Assistant Press Secretary MM Emrul Kayas confirmed BSS.
After the function, he said, the Premier congratulated the new Air Chief by presenting a bouquet and wished his success.
The Air Chief also greeted the Prime Minister by presenting a bouquet.
Prime Minister’s Security Affairs Adviser Major General (retd) Tarique Ahmed Siddique, Principal Staff Officer (PSO) of the Armed Forces Division, Lieutenant General Waker-Uz-Zaman and PM’s Military Secretary Major General Naquib Ahmed Chowdhury, among others, were present.
Shaikh Abdul Hannan replaced former Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat who went on retirement on June 12.
Hannan has been appointed to this position for a period of three years.
The Ministry of Defence issued a gazette notification in this regard on June 1.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports