143 garment factories received lead platinum certification
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-06-12 12:24:21 || Updated: 2021-06-12 12:24:21
Faruk Hasan, president of the BGMEA, an association of ready-made garments exporters, said 143 eco-friendly garment factories have so far received Lead Platinum certificates from the US Green Building Council (USGBC). This includes 41 platinum factories. In the industrial category, 39 of the top 100 factories in the world are located in Bangladesh.
Another 500 factories are awaiting certification. This achievement has been made possible due to the foresight and strong will power and initiative of the country’s readymade garment industry entrepreneurs.
He was speaking at a virtual press conference organized by BGMEA on Saturday (June 12).
BGMEA President Farooq Hasan said, “We do not have the challenge of restructuring the industry after some unforeseen accidents in the garment sector. Over the past decade, with the tireless work of our entrepreneurs, spending thousands of crores on security, and the support of government-buyer-development partners, today Bangladesh’s garment industry has established itself as a role model in the world as a safe industry. We have been able to bring about change in the industry by prioritizing the issue of environment and safety of workers. Our initiative and achievement has been praised worldwide.
- Central bank proposed a further 1 percent incentive in remittances
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugees
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train
- Cotton worth Tk 750 crore imported in Bhomra
- bkash suspended payments to 10 online merchants including evaly
- Fear of catastrophe in India’s tea sector due to increasing imports
- Industrialists wants keeping export oriented industries open
- Government fixed the prices of leather