Sri Lanka needs 258 runs to win
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-23 12:56:33 || Updated: 2021-05-23 12:56:33
Bangladesh set a 258-run target for Sri Lanka in the opener of the three-match ODI series at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in the capital of Dhaka on Sunday.
For Bangladesh, Mushfique Rahim scored the highest runs of 84 off 87 balls while Mahmudullah and skipper Tamim Iqbal scored respectively 54, and 52.
For the visiting island nation, Dhananjaya de Silva took three wickets of the Tigers while Dushmantha Chameera, Danushka Gunathilaka, and Lakshan Sandakan bagged one each.
Earlier, the hosts’ captain Tamim Iqbal won the toss and opted to bat first in the first match that began 1pm.
According to BSS: Bangladesh made a winning start in the ICC ODI Super League with a 3-0 series win over West Indies last January, which was their fifth in sixth bilateral series at home but conceded the position after their 0-3 loss at the hands of New Zealand in away tour.
Bangladesh currently is in the sixth position with 30 points in the ICC ODI Super League table, led by England with 40 points. Sri Lanka is languishing at the bottom of the table with -2 points after being whitewashed in three-match series against West Indies.
Bangladesh XI: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman.
Sri Lanka XI: Kusal Perera (capt, wk), Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya De Silva, Dasun Shanaka, Ashen Bandara, Wanindu Hasaranga, Isuru Udana, Lakshan Sandakan, Dushmantha Chameera.
- 78 more deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Textile sectors at the top of transaction
- Foreign investment in Bangladesh decreased by 11 percent
- Alif Industries tops of rising prices
- Saad Musa Group is buying Shah Mohammad Sagir with liability
- Charges being withdrawn for transactions in mobile apps
- 102 Bangladeshis among 309 undocumented migrants arrested in Malaysia
- Nitol Insurance approved 10% cash dividend
- Dacca Dyeing declares dividend
- Raeisi wins Iran presidential race by landslide
- PM hands over 53,340 more houses to landless families
- Iran election: Hardliner Raisi set to win in first round
- Alif Manufacturing at the top of weekly fall prices
- IFIC Bank will issue bonds
- Commission working on capital resources and industrialization
- Record 45.46 billion dollars foreign exchange reserves
- PM asks army personnel to attain highest professional excellence
- Investors’ confidence returned with new commission’s move
- Mushfiq voted ICC Players of the Month for May 2021
- Shakib banned for four matches
- Japan considers asking Olympic fans for negative COVID tests, vaccinations
- Bangladesh bat, Shoriful Islam makes ODI debut
- IPL 2021 suspended as Covid count increases
- Shanto’s 126* puts Bangladesh in command
- Bangladesh lost the trophy
- Latham’s fifth ODI century gives New Zealand series win