Sri Lanka needs 258 runs to win
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-23 12:56:33 || Updated: 2021-05-23 12:56:33
Bangladesh set a 258-run target for Sri Lanka in the opener of the three-match ODI series at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in the capital of Dhaka on Sunday.
For Bangladesh, Mushfique Rahim scored the highest runs of 84 off 87 balls while Mahmudullah and skipper Tamim Iqbal scored respectively 54, and 52.
For the visiting island nation, Dhananjaya de Silva took three wickets of the Tigers while Dushmantha Chameera, Danushka Gunathilaka, and Lakshan Sandakan bagged one each.
Earlier, the hosts’ captain Tamim Iqbal won the toss and opted to bat first in the first match that began 1pm.
According to BSS: Bangladesh made a winning start in the ICC ODI Super League with a 3-0 series win over West Indies last January, which was their fifth in sixth bilateral series at home but conceded the position after their 0-3 loss at the hands of New Zealand in away tour.
Bangladesh currently is in the sixth position with 30 points in the ICC ODI Super League table, led by England with 40 points. Sri Lanka is languishing at the bottom of the table with -2 points after being whitewashed in three-match series against West Indies.
Bangladesh XI: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Mithun, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman.
Sri Lanka XI: Kusal Perera (capt, wk), Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya De Silva, Dasun Shanaka, Ashen Bandara, Wanindu Hasaranga, Isuru Udana, Lakshan Sandakan, Dushmantha Chameera.
- 4 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in occupied West Bank
- PM reaches Washington DC from New York
- Those tarnishing country’s image are people’s enemy: PM
- PM seeks Bangladeshi expatriates’ investment in country
- Abbas gives Israel ‘one year’ to leave Palestinian territory
- US rules out adding India, Japan to new security alliance
- Global inaction over Rohingya repatriation shocks Bangladesh: PM
- US announces $180m additional assistance for Rohingyas
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait condemn failed coup attempt in Sudan
- Messi kept quiet as PSG draw at Bruges
- Pakistan to tour Bangladesh in Nov
- Messi breaks Pele record as Argentina rout Bolivia, Brazil stroll
- Brazil-Argentina match halted over quarantine breach
- Spirited New Zealand keep series alive against Bangladesh
- Roaring Tigers dismiss New Zealand for 60 in first T20
- Tamim withdraws from the T20 World Cup 2021
- Cristiano Ronaldo agrees to Manchester United return