China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-12 10:50:07 || Updated: 2021-05-12 10:50:07
China today formally handed over five lakh doses of its Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine to Bangladesh as gift while Dhaka is keeping its efforts on globally to get access to inoculation, reports BSS.
Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Li Jiming formally handed over the vaccines to Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen and Health Minister Zahid Maleque at State Guest House Padma this noon.
Earlier, a C-130J transport aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force arrived at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 5:30am carrying the vaccines from China.
The Sinopharm vaccine is produced by Beijing Bio-Institute of Biological Products Co Ltd, a subsidiary of China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
The World Health Organization (WHO) has listed the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, giving the green light for this vaccine to be rolled out globally.
“In view that COVID-19 is still wreaking havoc on people’s lives and disturbing social and economic activities in Bangladesh, the 500,000 doses of vaccine arrive just in time,” Chinese ambassador said earlier.
The envoy added that it is the latest outcome of China-Bangladesh anti-pandemic cooperation, which again shows that “Our two peoples are in the same boat and we will stand with each other till the end of this battle”.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports