Met office predicts rain or thundershowers
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-05-08 09:45:51 || Updated: 2021-05-08 09:45:51
Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at a few places over Mymensingh, Sylhet, Chattogram, Dhaka, Khulna, Barishal, Rajshahi and Rangpur divisions in the next 24 hours ending at 9 am tomorrow, said a Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) office bulletin, reports BSS.
The day and night temperature may fall slightly over the country, it added.
However, as an extended outlook for the next five days, the bulletin predicted that the rain or thundershowers is likely to continue.
The highest temperature in the country on Friday was recorded 37.6 degrees Celsius at Rangamati in Chattogram while today’s minimum temperature is 20.0 degrees Celsius at Sayedpur in Rangpur.
The highest rainfall in the last 24-hour as of 6am today was recorded 67 mm at Rangpur.
The sun sets at 6:31 pm today and rises at 5:20 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports