Shanto’s 126* puts Bangladesh in command
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-21 12:57:12 || Updated: 2021-04-21 12:57:12
Bangladesh’s right mix of aggression and caution allowed them to run away with the advantage on the first day of their first Test against Sri Lanka in Pallekele.
Najmul Hossain Shanto’s maiden Test hundred headlined Bangladesh’s batting effort, while Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque added meat to the day’s total with two very different half-centuries.
Shanto, under fire after low scores against West Indies earlier this year, initially supported a rampant Iqbal during their 144-run second-wicket stand, and then, after his senior partner’s exit for a 101-ball 90, strengthened Bangladesh’s position with an unbroken 150-run third-wicket stand with his captain.
Bangladesh 302 for 2 (Shanto 126*, Tamim 90, Mominul 64*, Vishwa 2-61)
- Militant attack 26/11” Street drama in protest of terror attack in Mumbai
- Australia lists Hezbollah as ‘terrorist organisation’
- US donates 1.8m more Pfizer vaccines to Bangladesh
- PM issues directive to return development activities to pre-Covid state
- PM wants no hindrance to country’s advancement
- Dogecoin beats Bitcoin as the most-Googled cryptocoin in US
- Patriotism is must for country’s development: PM
- Pfizer to allow generic versions of its COVID pill in Bangladesh
- PM hopes Bangladesh will win UNESCO-Bangabandhu award in future
- Fardin signed Media Marketing Director of Muktijoddha Sangsad Krira Chakra
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Papon becomes BCB president for fourth time
- Messi kept quiet as PSG draw at Bruges
- Pakistan to tour Bangladesh in Nov
- Messi breaks Pele record as Argentina rout Bolivia, Brazil stroll
- Brazil-Argentina match halted over quarantine breach
- Spirited New Zealand keep series alive against Bangladesh