DP World explores quantum computing technology to optimize business
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-19 15:34:18 || Updated: 2021-04-19 15:34:18
Dubai’s port company DP World is exploring quantum computing technology to optimize its operations, the company said in a statement.
It said it was working with D-Wave Systems, a Canadian quantum computing company, to look at how the advanced technology can be applied to DP World’s logistics and trade business.
The company organized training sessions for its employees, as well as actual quantum computing coding exercises.
The technology, DP World said, can be applied to industrial logistics, fleet and traffic management, and other operations across the supply chain.
“Quantum computing capabilities complement our need to reach ultimate smart trade and achieve a seamless logistics infrastructure, where everything is connected, devices work in harmony, and all our operations components communicate with each other intelligently,” Mohammed Al-Muallem, DP World’s chief executive, said.
Quantum computers provide exponential processing power to solve complex problems, better than traditional computers.
The move is part of DP World’s digital push.ArabNews
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- DBH disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sandhani Life Insurance declares dividend
- Reliance Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- 237 in 24 hours, the total death toll reached 20,000
- Jamuna Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BD Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- China accuses U.S. of creating ‘imaginary enemy’ in high-level talks
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Macron ‘pushes for Israeli inquiry’ into NSO spyware concerns
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train