Industrialists demand to keep industres free from lockdown
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-11 10:35:31 || Updated: 2021-04-11 10:35:31
The industrialists of the sector have demanded that the export-oriented ready-made garments sector and other allied industries in the textile sector be kept out of the lockdown.
This was informed at a joint press conference of BGMEA, BKMEA, BTMEA and EAB on Sunday (April 11) at noon at Hotel Sonargaon in the capital.
Also present at the press conference, chaired by BGMEA Acting President Mohammad Abdus Salam, were former FBCCIA President and Member of Parliament Shafiul Islam Mohiuddin, former FBCCIA President AK Azad, former BGMEA President and EAB President Abdus Salam Murshid, BGMEA. -Elected President Farooq Hasan, BKMEA President Selim Usman, First Vice President Mohammad Hatem, BTMA President Mohammad Ali Khokon, BGMEA Senior Vice President Faisal Samad, Vice President MA Rahim Firoz and other ready-made garment industry entrepreneurs.
It is said in the press conference that countries like Europe, America and Brazil are struggling to control the corona. There is no lack of our coordination. We have continued production in the factory in compliance with the hygiene rules.
According to a survey by the Center for Bangladesh, Berkeley UK and BRAC University in the UK, 94 per cent of workers said they were aware of health guidelines. 91.42 per cent workers said the factory had provided them with personal protective equipment to combat Covid-19.
- Islamic Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- National Life Insurance declares dividend
- DBH disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sandhani Life Insurance declares dividend
- Reliance Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- 237 in 24 hours, the total death toll reached 20,000
- Jamuna Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BD Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Dutch Bangla Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- First security Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tensions in Tunisia after president suspends parliament
- NRBC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Govt decides to establish 3 more new upazilas
- China accuses U.S. of creating ‘imaginary enemy’ in high-level talks
- Eastern Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Macron ‘pushes for Israeli inquiry’ into NSO spyware concerns
- Marico declares Interim Dividend
- IPDC Finance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Tk 427cr project for expatriate workers’ employments okayed
- Tk 87 crore additional revenue collected in Hili
- 50 crore losses in 4 months in tourism industry
- Benapoles revenue target of Tk 6,245 crore
- Import-export started at Benapole port
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- Customs houses will be open during Eid holidays
- 800 cows arrived in Dhaka on Cattle Special Train