Defaulters cannot be candidates in FBCCI election
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-04-07 11:51:05 || Updated: 2021-04-07 11:51:05
Like the national election of defaulters, the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI), the apex body of businessmen, cannot be a candidate in the election. A letter in this regard has been sent to the Governor of Bangladesh Bank Fazle Kabir from the Ministry of Commerce on Wednesday (April 7).
The Ministry of Commerce has requested the Bangladesh Bank to provide CIB reports to all the candidates for the post of Director in the FBCCI elections.
The letter said that the FBCCI Board of Directors elections for the term 2021-2023 will be held on May 5.
It has been mentioned that according to Article 15 (c) of the FBCCI Constitution, the participation of defaulters in FBCCI elections is prohibited. According to him, the candidates need to be verified with the information related to the defaulter.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers