Bangladesh lost the trophy
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-29 14:47:10 || Updated: 2021-03-29 14:48:28
Everyone expected footballers to present trophies to the country on the golden jubilee of independence. The players also expected to celebrate the golden jubilee of independence with trophies from abroad. However, Nepal has shattered their expectations.
Nepal defeated Bangladesh 2-1 in the final of the tri-nation tournament at the Dasharath Stadium in Kathmandu on Monday (March 29th).
Nepal could not score any goal in the previous two matches. They made up for it in the final. They sent the ball to the net of Bangladesh twice and left the trophy of their own tournament. Nepal scored two goals in the first half. In a word, the footballers of the Himalayan country won the final in the first 45 minutes.
Jamie Day’s team digested the goals in the 18th and 42nd minutes. Goalkeeper Anisur Rahman Zico made a great save in the 18th minute in exchange for a corner. The hosts scored from that corner. Sanjag Rai sent the ball back to the net through the gap between the legs of several Bangladeshi players.
Bishal Rai scored the second goal in the 42nd minute. In the 83rd minute, Jamal Bhuiyan scored a goal from a corner to make it 1-2. In the end, after 22 years, Bangladesh’s dream of winning the title in Kathmandu, Nepal was shattered by a 1-2 goal loss. In 1999, Bangladesh won the first gold in the SA Games by defeating Nepal in the final at this stadium.
- Bangladesh receives over $1b WB financing to fight COVID-19
- BSEC issued guidelines on capital market transactions
- BSEC sent letter to keep it free from restrictions
- 96 more deaths from corona in Bagladesh
- Chittagong port is 100% operational despite strict restrictions
- Special flights arrange for expatriate workers
- EU wheat exports likely to decline
- BMBA seeks permission for official ID card as ‘Movement Pass’
- Countries pause use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Hajj Ministry announce Ramadan guidelines for Umrah and prayers
- Financial institutions defaulted loan is Tk 10 thousand crore
- China opens 5G signal station at world’s highest radar location near Tibet border
- Eastern Bank declares dividend
- First time determining the prices of cylinder gas in country
- Record 83 more deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Capital market will remain open even in lockdown
- Continental Insurance declares dividend
- Pubali Bank declares dividend
- Latham’s fifth ODI century gives New Zealand series win
- Barsa knocked out from champions league
- Bangladesh will visit SriLanka in April
- Abdullah scored two Russell returned win
- Shakib al Hasan back with KKR for Rs 3.2cr
- Messi scored two,barsa got great victory
- Bangladesh spinners deny West Indies control
- Messi is the best of the decade left behind Ronaldo