Walton’s agreement to export goods to Mali, Senegal
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-24 13:49:13 || Updated: 2021-03-24 13:49:13
Walton’s electronics, electrical and ICT products made in Bangladesh will be available in West African countries Mali and Senegal. Bangladeshi superbrand Walton has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Simpara Group, a well-known business organization in Mali. Simpara Group has extensive business networks in Mali and Senegal. Through this agreement, the export of various Walton brand products made in Bangladesh to the entire African continent will get more momentum. In Walton’s research, Africa has been identified as a very promising market.
The agreement was signed at the Walton Corporate Office in the capital on Tuesday (March 23, 2021). Mamadou Dit Nfa Simpara, managing director of Simpara Group, and Edward Kim, president of Walton’s International Business Unit (IBU), signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations.
As a result of this agreement, Simpara Group will be able to take all kinds of Walton products. They will work as Walton’s authorized distributors in Mali and Senegal. It is learned that Walton will start exporting goods to Mali in mid-April this year. The first shipment will include refrigerators, air conditioners, electronic appliances, laptops, televisions, mobile phones and compressors.
Among others present at the signing ceremony were Nishat Tasnim Shuchi, Director, Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited, SM Zahid Hasan, Executive Director, Walton, Anisur Rahman Mallick, CEO, Refrigerator Division, SM Rezwan Alam, CEO, Mobile Phone Division, Senior Dept., Senior Director, IBU. Islam and Assistant Director Sabbir Hasan Khan.
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- Children to be administered vaccine as test run Thursday
- Development to continue whatever risks come: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction