Manipulation will stop with improvement of information technology: BSEC Chairman
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-23 10:29:57 || Updated: 2021-03-23 10:29:57
Professor Shibli Rubaiyat-ul-Islam, chairman of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), said it was possible to stop capital market manipulation through the advancement of information technology. As a result, we are working with the Ministry of Finance and the World Bank to improve this sector. He said that there will be good news about this very soon.
‘Golden Jubilee of Independence; He said this at a seminar on capital market prospects in the light of Bangabandhu’s dream. DSE organized the seminar on the occasion of Bangabandhu’s birth centenary.
Shibli Rubaiyat-ul-Islam said the capital market to rely on IT. The global Corona epidemic has made it clear that nothing is possible without IT. One class of people often cheats with capital market investors. Information technology can contribute a lot to stop this fraud. We are working towards that goal.
He said that the investment institution ICB needs to be strengthened, adding that the work of reshaping the institution has already started. This institution is very important in the capital market. But the organization is far from the purpose for which it was formed.
He said BSEC is working to increase the depth of the capital market. I have started working with new products. In particular, work is underway to create a dynamic bond market. Sukuk bonds have already been introduced at government and private levels. Work is going on with frontal bond, green bond.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction