Government food stocks come down to 6 lakh tonnes
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-21 11:49:42 || Updated: 2021-03-21 11:49:42
This year, the stock of food grains in government warehouses of the country has come down to about six lakh metric tons, which is 11 lakh 46 thousand 500 tons less than the same period last year.
This information is known from the daily food grain situation of the Ministry of Food. The latest report on the situation on March 16 was prepared by the Food Planning and Consumption Unit (FPMU) of the Ministry of Food.
According to this report, the latest stock of food grains is five lakh 93 thousand tons. Of this, rice is five lakh 13 thousand tons and wheat is 80 thousand tons.
At the same time last year, the stock was 17 lakh 39 thousand 500 tons. Of this, rice was 14 lakh 19,900 tons and wheat was 319,600 tons.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers