Foreign employment increasing after corona
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-10 10:02:27 || Updated: 2021-03-10 10:02:27
The rate of foreign employment, which has been declining due to the impact of the global pandemic coronavirus, is slowly increasing again. Last month, 49,552 people were employed abroad. The information was given at a meeting of the parliamentary committee on expatriate welfare held at the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban on Tuesday.
The meeting was chaired by Anisul Islam Mahmud, chairman of the committee, and was attended by members of the committee, Minister for Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment Imran Ahmed, Ali Ashraf, Moazzem Hossain, Ayesha Ferdous, Sadek Khan and Iqbal Hossain.
At the meeting on increasing employment, the Ministry of Expatriate Welfare said that 16 people were employed abroad in July last year. Since then it has been gradually increasing. In December last year, 28,398 workers were sent abroad. In January this year, 36,732 people were employed.
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Oman thrash PNG in T20 WC opener
- Rohingyas, stranded Pakistanis exerting economic pressure on Bangladesh: PM
- World’s largest eco-tourism project, TRDSC, to takeover its neighbor: CEO
- American Express joins Amazon network to benefit KSA cardholders
- Dubai’s DP World to invest $414.8m in London Gateway port
- Bangladesh-Australia agreement signed to boost trade and investment
- Gold imports in india increased by 200 percent
- Aluminium prices risen to 13-years high
- World’s largest defense and security show kicks off in London
- Tk 3 thousand crore new incentives for farmers