For renovation of public university halls Tk 50 crore allocated
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-03-02 10:51:51 || Updated: 2021-03-02 10:55:55
The residential halls of the public universities of the country have been closed for the last one year due to the epidemic. The university will reopen on May 24 following the government directives. The residential hall will be opened on May 17.
The government has decided to distribute Tk 50 crore to the universities in preparation for the reopening of the halls after a long period of closure. It is learned that money has already been released from the finance ministry.
Allocated through the University Grants Commission (UGC), this means ensuring the health protection of students and renovating residential areas.
Secretary of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education. Mahbub Hossain told the media that the halls of the university have been closed for a long time and they need to be renovated.
He said it was important to ensure the health protection of students. UGC has been directed to allocate Tk 50 crore for this. Universities that have residential halls will get this money.
- Bank open
- Transaction in capital market till 12:30
- Moon of Ramadan sighted , fasting from tomorrow
- Decision to keep the bank open for special needs
- Ex-Jamaat Ameer Makbul ahmed is no more
- Libra Infusions declares dividend
- Brac Bank declares dividend
- Pubali Bank declares dividend
- DSE’s activities closed in lockdown
- Industrialists demand to keep industres free from lockdown
- Financial institutions defaulted loan is Tk 10 thousand crore
- DSE warned National Insurance for unusual prices
- Islamic Finance declares dividend
- India’s L&T wins order for world’s biggest solar power plant in Saudi
- Hajj Ministry announce Ramadan guidelines for Umrah and prayers
- NBR withdrew the tax on edible oil
- 200 million aid to developing countries to prevent Corona
- Record 78 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- A Notice published for recruitment of 54 thousand teachers
- Stranded Suez container ship reported freed
- Minister of Education instructed students to leave the hall
- Tensions mount at JU, demo continues defying authorities’ order
- HSC results will publish on Saturday
- Classes to resume on a limited scale: Dipu Moni
- 3 amendment bills placed in JS to publish HSC results
- All educational institutions are opening in February