Insurance working for economic freedom: Dr. Musharraf
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-27 13:50:00 || Updated: 2021-02-27 13:50:00
In the developed world, insurance is mandatory for everything, be it education or health. But Bangladesh is far behind in this regard. The current number of people covered by insurance is not enough. Gradually all people will be brought under insurance, said the Chairman of the Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA). M. Mosharraf Hossain
He said about 10 million people are still out of insurance. These people will be brought under the same umbrella. Insurance is working to make the economy of Bangladesh independent just like Bangabandhu made the country independent.
He was speaking at a press conference organized by the Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA) on Saturday (February 27th).
Meanwhile, a discussion meeting on the occasion of National Insurance Day 2021 will be held on March 1 at 10 am at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC). Besides, initiatives have been taken to celebrate National Insurance Day with due dignity at district and upazila level across the country.
The IDRA chairman said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina would be present as the chief guest at the function to be held at BIC under the chairmanship of Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal.
- Bangladesh to bridge between east-west for business: PM
- South Asian nations should work to alleviate poverty: PM
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- `Bank and financial institutions cannot pay in special funds’
- Meghna Life Insurance at the top of raising prices
- Sonar Bangla Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- BFIU summoned bank accounts of journalist leaders
- Dhaka Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- SBAC Bank disclose second Quarter earnings report