nothing negative in capital market now: BSEC chairman
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-26 10:10:01 || Updated: 2021-02-26 10:10:15
Shibli Rubayet-ul-Islam, chairman of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), commented that the capital market is doing very well now. There is nothing negative about the capital market. In a short time, the capital market will start to make a big contribution to the country’s economy.
He was speaking at the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) Best Corporate Awards 2019 ceremony at a hotel in the capital on Thursday (February 25th) night.
Speaking as a special guest on the occasion, the Commerce Secretary praised the various developmental activities of the government. Zafar Uddin said road infrastructure is being developed across the country, including the capital Dhaka. The Commerce Secretary urged everyone to go outside Dhaka to see the real picture of development.
For ‘Best Corporate Award 2019’, 142 companies from 15 sectors including banks and financial sector were initially nominated. From there, 52 companies were declared the final winners in the three categories of Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Speaking on the occasion, Abdul Aziz, Chairman, ICMAB Corporate Awards Committee, said that ICMAB has been awarding gold, silver and bronze medals since 2007 to encourage companies to improve the quality of services.
- Bangladesh to bridge between east-west for business: PM
- South Asian nations should work to alleviate poverty: PM
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction