Foreigners interested to investing in big projects: BSEC chairman
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-02-22 11:45:39 || Updated: 2021-02-22 11:45:39
Professor Shibli Rubaiyat-ul-Islam, chairman of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), the capital market regulator, said Bangladesh’s economy was moving fast. Seeing the success of Bangladesh, foreigners are interested in investing in big projects in this country, he said. He was speaking at a press conference after the road show in Dubai at the BSEC conference room on Monday (February 22nd).
Professor Shibli Rubaiyat said, “We presented our economic situation at a road show in Dubai, with a total flow of information about where we are. In some places they asked us a lot of questions, found out a lot and after hearing a lot face to face they decided what to do now. Now we get mail every day. Some of them want to invest in mutual funds. They suggest what kind of correction is needed there.
The chairman of BSEC said, the size of the projects that are coming to us is 500 crore, 1000 crore, 2 thousand crore, 4 thousand crore. I am working on my bond as it is not possible to give any solution only with equity market. Only through bonds is it possible to give us this solution. Conventional bonds and sukuk have been found to be over trillions of dollars in the market. And they can’t find a place to invest.
“When we did this presentation, they each had a separate meeting with us after the presentation,” he said. Every big investor. Here are all the names of the world whose seven trillion, three trillion. They are looking for a better place to invest. They are not getting any return by investing in their country. And the countries in which they invest in this rating.
- Bangladesh to bridge between east-west for business: PM
- South Asian nations should work to alleviate poverty: PM
- Perpetrators deliberately tarnish country’s image: PM
- Singapore removes Bangladesh from travel restriction list
- Putin will not attend COP26 climate summit
- Stop excessiveness over religion: PM urges all
- PM for stern action over attack on Hindu community
- BNP fuelling to stage communal riots across country: Quader
- PM urges people’s vigilance against 1975-like carnage
- IBN Sina declares dividend
- BD Autocars at the top of raising prices
- Meghna Life Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Shakib’s Monarch Holdings got treks also in CSE
- Sonali Paper declares dividend
- Sonali Life’s category changed
- Fortune Shoes at the top of raising prices
- Beximco at the top of transaction