1300 thousand crore arrears to four operators
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2021-01-25 12:15:26 || Updated: 2021-01-25 12:15:26
BTRC (Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission) owes Tk 13,022.38 crore to four mobile operators in the country. These operators are Grameenphone, Robi, Citycell (currently closed) and the state-owned Teletalk Limited.
Among them are pending audit objections to Grameenphone and Robi. The arrears of Citycell have been fixed by the High Court and BTRC will get 3G wave allocation from Teletalk.
Posts and Telecommunications Minister Mustafa Jabbar made the remarks in response to a question from the Shahiduzzaman government in Parliament on Monday (January 25th).
- Militant attack 26/11” Street drama in protest of terror attack in Mumbai
- Australia lists Hezbollah as ‘terrorist organisation’
- US donates 1.8m more Pfizer vaccines to Bangladesh
- PM issues directive to return development activities to pre-Covid state
- PM wants no hindrance to country’s advancement
- Dogecoin beats Bitcoin as the most-Googled cryptocoin in US
- Patriotism is must for country’s development: PM
- Pfizer to allow generic versions of its COVID pill in Bangladesh
- PM hopes Bangladesh will win UNESCO-Bangabandhu award in future
- 5G to be launched at the end of 2021: Joy
- DP World explores quantum computing technology to optimize business
- US blacklists 7 Chinese super computer groups
- 15 years Legacy of Samsung Television
- Bangladesh will not left behind in the era of fourth industrial revolution
- This year 5-G will launched in country: Mustafa Jabbar
- Samsung chief Lee Jae-yong faces corruption verdict
- Internet sure for everyone this year: Palak