Reserve will be 50 billion dollar by 2021: Finance Minister
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-11-04 15:36:08 || Updated: 2020-11-04 15:36:08
In the next 14 months, by December 2021, Bangladesh’s foreign exchange reserves will reach 50 billion dollar, said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal.
The finance minister was responding to a question from reporters after a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Public Procurement (Virtual) on Wednesday (November 4th). With this reserve, it is possible to meet the import expenditure of 9 and a half months as four billion dollars per month. ‘
Asked whether the reserve money would be used for infrastructure development in the country, the finance minister said, “We think that if we have good and government-sponsored projects to finance such projects, on the one hand our debt will not increase and on the other hand our money will remain at home.” We were able to use it for the development of the country.
He said, ‘Now it’s November; Then in December, until next December, in these 14 months, Bangladesh’s foreign exchange reserves will be 50 billion, God willing.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money