E-commerce market will be 3 billion dollars
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-11-03 15:48:41 || Updated: 2020-11-03 15:48:53
At present, the size of e-commerce sector in Bangladesh is about two hundred million US dollars. The market is growing at a rate of 50 percent per year. However, in the current 2023, the size of the e-commerce market in Bangladesh has increased by 166 percent.
The speakers were speaking at a webinar titled ‘E-Commerce and Consumer Rights: Barriers and Recommendations in the Covid-19 Situation’ organized by the Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) on Tuesday (November 3rd).
Commerce Secretary was the chief guest at the event. Md. Zafar Uddin. The special guest was Golam Rahman, President of Consumer Association of Bangladesh (CAB). The keynote address was delivered by Syed Almas Kabir, President, Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS). DCCI President Shams Mahmud delivered the welcome address.
Commerce Secretary. Md. Zafar Uddin said that the popularity of e-commerce in Bangladesh is constantly increasing, but in this case there are several examples of fraud. Everyone should be aware of these issues. TCB has recently been selling onions online using digital platforms. This has made it possible to alleviate the suffering of consumers.
At the time, the Commerce Secretary said an advisory committee has been formed under the WTO cell of the Commerce Ministry to ensure a conducive environment for digital business. To bring transparency in business through this, e-commerce will be included in trade licenses, policies on e-commerce management and grievance redressal will be formulated. In addition, effective steps will be taken to set up grievance cells, provide assistance in obtaining loans, identify barriers and risks to e-commerce businesses, protect domestic entrepreneurs, ensure transaction security and provide logistical support.
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reserve will be 50 billion dollar by 2021: Finance Minister
- Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade
- The Sundarbans is being opened for tourists
- Investors will keep the gold market strong in 2021
- Padma Bridge 5 kilometers visible now
- Bangladesh wants self-sufficient in onion production
- Asia-Pacific garment industry suffers from Covid-19 fallout
- DCCI for increasing financial reporting for SMEs