Padma Bridge 5 kilometers visible now
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-10-25 10:59:04 || Updated: 2020-10-25 10:59:04
The number one mega project Padma Bridge has become visible 5 kilometers with the installation of its 34th span on Sunday.
The ‘2E’span, weighing 3,150 tonnes, was installed on pillars no 7 and 8 at Mawa point in the morning, said Executive Engineer (Bridge) Dewan Md Abdul Quader.
The span was brought from Kumarbhog Construction Yard on Saturday.
Earlier, the 33rd span of the Padma multipurpose bridge was installed on October 19. Three spans were installed over the bridge in the current month.
Padma Bridge, Bangladesh’s largest infrastructure project till date, will connect 21 southern districts with the capital and is expected to boost the GDP by 1 percent.
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reserve will be 50 billion dollar by 2021: Finance Minister
- E-commerce market will be 3 billion dollars
- Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade
- The Sundarbans is being opened for tourists
- Investors will keep the gold market strong in 2021
- Bangladesh wants self-sufficient in onion production
- Asia-Pacific garment industry suffers from Covid-19 fallout
- DCCI for increasing financial reporting for SMEs