Kuwait emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah dies aged 91
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-09-29 15:10:42 || Updated: 2020-09-29 15:10:42
The emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, has died aged 91.
Sheikh Sabah ruled Kuwait since 2006.
His death was announced by the Emiri Diwan.
“With deep sadness and sorrow the Emiri Diwan sends its condolences to the people of Kuwait, the Arab and Muslim nations, and our friendly nations worldwide,” the statement said.
Royal Court Minister Sheikh Ali Jarrah Al Sabah announced the death on state TV.
Sheikh Sabah was admitted to hospital in July and underwent surgery, before traveling to the US for further treatment.
His death brought an ourtpouring of grief and condolences from both the Gulf, the region and beyond.
He served as Kuwait’s foreign minister from 1963 for four decades after holding a number of other governmental posts. He then became prime minister in 2003.ArabNews
- Bank open
- Transaction in capital market till 12:30
- Moon of Ramadan sighted , fasting from tomorrow
- Decision to keep the bank open for special needs
- Ex-Jamaat Ameer Makbul ahmed is no more
- Libra Infusions declares dividend
- Brac Bank declares dividend
- Pubali Bank declares dividend
- DSE’s activities closed in lockdown
- Industrialists demand to keep industres free from lockdown
- Financial institutions defaulted loan is Tk 10 thousand crore
- DSE warned National Insurance for unusual prices
- Islamic Finance declares dividend
- India’s L&T wins order for world’s biggest solar power plant in Saudi
- NBR withdrew the tax on edible oil
- 200 million aid to developing countries to prevent Corona
- Hajj Ministry announce Ramadan guidelines for Umrah and prayers
- Capital market will remain open even in lockdown
- Israel’s obstruction of prayers in Al-Aqsa
- WHO chief criticises ‘shocking’ vaccine divide
- China’s population seen growing older in economic danger sign
- China accuses Turkish politicians of ‘inflating the arrogance of terrorists’ in row over Xinjiang tweets
- A Chinatown in South Korea is supposed to attract tourists, instead it has sparked anti-Chinese sentiment
- 15 kinds of border activities to be banned in Tibet
- US blacklists 7 Chinese super computer groups
- Saudi Arabia to localize 100,000 tourism jobs