Inflation hits 5.68% in August
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-09-02 03:06:19 || Updated: 2020-09-02 03:06:19
The general point-to-point inflation rate slightly increased to 5.68 percentage point in August from 5.53 percentage point in the previous month due to rise in food inflation. Report BSS
According to the monthly consumer price index provided by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the food inflation rose to 6.08 percent in August from 5.70 percent in July, but the non-food inflation rate declined at 5.05 percent in last month from 5.28 percent in July.
In the rural areas, the general inflation rate slightly went up to 5.60 percent in the last month from 5.43 percent in July.
On the other hand, the general inflation rate increased to 5.81 percent in August from 5.72 percent in the previous month in the urban areas.
The point-to-point national wage index witnessed a slight upward trend with 5.91 percent in August against 5.82 percent in July 2020.
- Restrict smuggling, protect independence: PM to BGB
- Central Bank’s special discount on import of eye medical equipment
- I will play with Messi next year: Neymar
- UN unanimously adopts Bangladesh’s flagship resolution on ‘Culture of Peace’
- Tamim is in the first six Hazari club in T20
- Entire int’l community should stand together over Rohingya repatriation: EU
- Now there is no opportunity to perform Umrah
- UN climate change goal now ‘within reach’
- 3 crore vaccine doses to be given free: Cabinet Secretary
- Reserve will be 50 billion dollar by 2021: Finance Minister
- E-commerce market will be 3 billion dollars
- Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade
- The Sundarbans is being opened for tourists
- Investors will keep the gold market strong in 2021
- Padma Bridge 5 kilometers visible now
- Bangladesh wants self-sufficient in onion production
- Asia-Pacific garment industry suffers from Covid-19 fallout