Inquiry committee formed to investigate slow-moving DSE website
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-25 01:36:26 || Updated: 2020-08-25 01:36:26
The Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday formed a committee to investigate recent glitches in the web site and trading system of the Dhaka Stock Exchange.
The six-member committee headed by Mustafizur Rahman, chairman of computer science and engineering department of the University of Dhaka, was asked to submit its report within 7 working days.
BSEC officials said that the regulator observed some problems in the web site that might affect the trading volume on the bourse.
Some investors also complained about the sudden problems related to the web site, they said.
The regulator also detected faults in the bourse’s trading system, the officials said.
The media reported that the glitches played a key role in dragging down the turnover on the bourse as the web site problems irked investors.
The DSE upgraded its web site on August 18 and opened it for investors on August 19.
But investors failed to get access to the web site on the launching day of its new version. Investors also faced the same problem on August 20.
The DSE regretted the inconvenience on Sunday.
- Restrict smuggling, protect independence: PM to BGB
- Central Bank’s special discount on import of eye medical equipment
- I will play with Messi next year: Neymar
- UN unanimously adopts Bangladesh’s flagship resolution on ‘Culture of Peace’
- Tamim is in the first six Hazari club in T20
- Entire int’l community should stand together over Rohingya repatriation: EU
- Now there is no opportunity to perform Umrah
- UN climate change goal now ‘within reach’
- 3 crore vaccine doses to be given free: Cabinet Secretary
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- SAIF POWERTEC disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Beacon Pharmaceuticals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Monno Febrics disclose first Quarter earnings report