ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-25 01:42:51 || Updated: 2020-08-25 01:42:51
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) has put thrust on implementing cost audit in public and private sectors to help the government control cost and minimize the huge amount of fund.
“Apart from slashing the rising cost, the implementation of cost audit in public and private sectors will also help attain sustainable development goals (SDGs) for Bangladesh and achieve the target of becoming middle income country by 2041,” SAFA Vice-president and president of ICMAB Mr. A. K. M. Delwer Hussain FCMA said on Sunday while addressing a webinar on “Impact of Covid-19 and the Bangladesh Economy Going Forward, arranged by Chittagong Branch Council of ICMAB.
Mr. Mohibul Hassan Chowdhoury M.P, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh joined the event as the Chief Guest.
Mr. Imtiaz Alam FCA, FCMA, Member, National Council of ICMAB, moderated the program while Mr. Jasim Uddin Akond FCMA, President, ICMA Bangladesh & Mr. Md. Anisuzzman FCA, FCMA, Chairman, Chattogram Branch Council, ICMAB joined as panelists.
The webinar was presided over by Mr. Md. Anisuzzman FCA, FCMA, Chairman, CBC.
The Chief Guest at his speech says that Professional Accountants can play a vital role to maintain transparency & accountability in public and private sector for attaining sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Bangladesh. Mr. Chowdhury also assured that he will provide his all-out support fighting against corruption.
Mr. Masud Khan FCA, FCMA, Chairman, Glaxo Smith Kline (BD), Ltd. presented his keynote paper by mentioning upcoming challenges and opportunities for Bangladesh economic development.
- PM gives Tk 5 lakh to each of 35 N’ganj blast victim families
- China has built 380 internment camps in Xinjiang
- Nature holds one of the keys to tackling climate change, say G20 thinkers
- Govt to prepare master plan for roads, highways
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Mysterious spacecraft in Japan
- Hamas hails UN call to free children jailed by Israel
- Global Coronavirus cases rises above four million
- Wild elephants kill farmer in Jamalpur
- Saudi suspends praying in the Two Holy Mosques for Ramadan