ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-25 01:42:51 || Updated: 2020-08-25 01:42:51
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) has put thrust on implementing cost audit in public and private sectors to help the government control cost and minimize the huge amount of fund.
“Apart from slashing the rising cost, the implementation of cost audit in public and private sectors will also help attain sustainable development goals (SDGs) for Bangladesh and achieve the target of becoming middle income country by 2041,” SAFA Vice-president and president of ICMAB Mr. A. K. M. Delwer Hussain FCMA said on Sunday while addressing a webinar on “Impact of Covid-19 and the Bangladesh Economy Going Forward, arranged by Chittagong Branch Council of ICMAB.
Mr. Mohibul Hassan Chowdhoury M.P, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh joined the event as the Chief Guest.
Mr. Imtiaz Alam FCA, FCMA, Member, National Council of ICMAB, moderated the program while Mr. Jasim Uddin Akond FCMA, President, ICMA Bangladesh & Mr. Md. Anisuzzman FCA, FCMA, Chairman, Chattogram Branch Council, ICMAB joined as panelists.
The webinar was presided over by Mr. Md. Anisuzzman FCA, FCMA, Chairman, CBC.
The Chief Guest at his speech says that Professional Accountants can play a vital role to maintain transparency & accountability in public and private sector for attaining sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Bangladesh. Mr. Chowdhury also assured that he will provide his all-out support fighting against corruption.
Mr. Masud Khan FCA, FCMA, Chairman, Glaxo Smith Kline (BD), Ltd. presented his keynote paper by mentioning upcoming challenges and opportunities for Bangladesh economic development.
- Bill to ensure proportionate use of iodine in salt placed in JS
- DSE has to submit a specific plan within 10 days
- Qatar calls on Gulf nations to engage in diplomacy with Iran
- Robi is at the top of the transaction
- Keya Cosmetics will pay cash dividend not stock
- BSEC will conduct special audit of Uttara Finance
- IDRA directs insurance owners to cover 60% of their capital
- 3 amendment bills placed in JS to publish HSC results
- NCC Bank’s 9th Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM) Held
- All educational institutions are opening in February
- Brazil approves and rolls out AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines
- London Stock Exchange wants to work together to develop capital market
- Hamid addresses JS opening session with usual call for unity
- Biden to reverse Trump’s Muslim ban on inauguration day
- Ahmed Jamal is the new director of Bangladesh Bank
- Indian wheat market is gaining momentum
- China will consume the economic future of Asia!
- Lavello is the sponsor of Bangabandhu Bangladesh-West Indies cricket series
- Turkey wants to increase trade in textiles and jute
- Dinosaur eggs found in Madhya Pradesh
- Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Mysterious spacecraft in Japan
- Hamas hails UN call to free children jailed by Israel
- Global Coronavirus cases rises above four million