Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-23 14:53:54 || Updated: 2020-08-23 14:53:54
A Dhaka Court on Sunday sent Regent Hospital chairman Mohammad Sahed to jail in a case filed for misappropriating Tk 2.71 crore from Farmers Bank.
Dhaka Metropolitan Senior Special Judge KM Imrul Kayes passed the order following a petition filed by investigation officer to confine him in jail until the final investigation, reports UNB.
Sahed was produced before the court today after the expiry of seven-day remand in the case.
Earlier on Thursday, the court ordered to produce Sahed before it after the expiry of his remand.
Deputy Director of ACC Mohammad Shahjahan filed the case at Dhaka coordinated office-1 on July 27 against four people including chairman of Regent Hospital Mohammad Shahed for misappropriating Tk 2.71 crore from Farmers Bank.
Later on August 10, Sahed was placed on a seven-day remand.
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested Sahed from a bordering area of Satkhira on July 15 and airlifted him to Dhaka.
- Republic Insurance disclose second Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Kuwait emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah dies aged 91
- 113 migrants detained in Slovenia
- Bangladesh’s tour of Sri Lanka postponed
- Submit report on expat workers to cabinet: PM
- Attorney General Mahbubey Alam died from coronavirus
- Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of attacking settlements in disputed region
- PM stresses better cooperation with neighbours
- ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Mysterious spacecraft in Japan
- Hamas hails UN call to free children jailed by Israel
- Global Coronavirus cases rises above four million
- Wild elephants kill farmer in Jamalpur
- Saudi suspends praying in the Two Holy Mosques for Ramadan