BB asks banks to restores normal banking activities
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-19 00:58:44 || Updated: 2020-08-19 01:03:23
Bangladesh Bank (BB) yesterday asked all the scheduled banks to restore normal banking activities and to ensure seamless banking activities by scrapping roster-based weekly duty of bank employees.
BB issued a circular in this regard on the day that scrapped a number of provisions of its previous circular that was issued in March with a view to facilitating banking transactions and services during the nationwide shutdown amid the outbreak of coronavirus.
Earlier, the Bangladesh Bank asked the banks to introduce a weekly roster for the bank employees by dividing them into two segments.
However, the banks were also asked to grant leave to the employees who have been infected by coronavirus and to the pregnant female employees based on medical certificate.
The BB revoked the provision of mandatory 14 days quarantine of the coronavirus symptomatic employees and those who came in contact with the coronavirus infected individuals.
On Tuesday, the central bank also instructed the banks to restore evening banking along with the regular banking activities. The banking activities on weekends were asked to be conducted in the usual manner.
- PM gives Tk 5 lakh to each of 35 N’ganj blast victim families
- China has built 380 internment camps in Xinjiang
- Nature holds one of the keys to tackling climate change, say G20 thinkers
- Govt to prepare master plan for roads, highways
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- IDRA gets acting chairman, yet quorum crisis remains